Bollywood and Kuthu dance classes (Various levels):
- Hours: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Days: Monday or Thursday. (Monday: Beginner-Intermediate; Thursday: Intermediate-Advanced)
- Address: Fedriani Multidisciplinary Acrobatic Center,
- C/ Count of Vistahermosa nº9 Madrid, 28019.
- Metro: Marques de Vadillo
Bollywood and Kuthu Dance Classes are designed to not only have fun but learn different styles of Bollywood dance and dances from other states of India. Teamwork is encouraged, in each class the technical part is worked on and it is an excellent aerobic exercise.
The class is structured as follows:
- The classes begin with a 20-minute warm-up to train the body, practice the mudras and basic positions of the dance and help to get to know all kinds of songs within the same genre.
- Then we proceed to learn a Bollywood/Kollywood dance choreography and finish with a stretch. The choreographies that are learned are represented in an end-of-course festival at the end of the academic year – June (in play format). It is recommended to go to class in comfortable clothes (I usually recommend baggy pants/leggings and a comfortable t-shirt).
Bollywood dance classes for children
- Hours: 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Days: Wednesdays
- Address: Laura Rozalen School, C. del Majuelo, 3, 28005 Madrid
- Subway: Acacias
Due to the great reception of Bollywood dance in various schools and the educational program for teachers of “EducaMadrid”, Vinatha begins with a new Bollywood dance group designed for children from 4 to 12 years old.
Dancing is innate and provides a wide variety of physical and mental benefits to children. Dancing is fun and physical activity, something that is perfect for the little ones. We believe that it is important to teach them to dance well from scratch, perfect their style and enjoy dancing in the company of other children in a class. And fostering that learning and turning dancing into a wonderful activity requires a good teacher and music that encourages them.
The beauty of Bollywood dance is added to its exoticism, it has very catchy music, very striking costumes, a very rich culture that has many stories to tell children as well as bringing good vibes and energy. Also, in our classes we will use various accessories such as veils, colored sticks and umbrellas so that the little ones can build a colorful choreography in the company of their classmates and in this way also learn to work as a team.
The classes will be bilingual in English and Spanish so that they can practice languages in a playful way. So in a single class they learn English, culture, physical activity, dance and exercise their minds promoting their well-being.